PDA

View Full Version : OBC Failure

e65rt
09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
I was driving my E65 (2004 745Li) on a road trip last night, and after adjusting both the drivers and passengers air temp a few times, the OBC went completely out. (Of course this was within 2 hours of picking it up from the dealer where they ran a complete diagnostic check and everything was AOK). The Nav. system still works, but all of the OBC stop working - Including all of the lights for the speedometer, tach, etc. I can't even tell how much gas is in the car. Since it is labor day weekend, all of the dealers are closed and I can get it looked at until next Tuesday. Is there anyway to reset the OBC without taking it to the dealer? Thanks.

shogun
09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I am not very familiar with The E65.
But first thing I would check, if there is a separate fuse for the OBC and if this one is alright.

e65rt
09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. I replaced the fuse for the OBC, and that didn't seem to help. I am taking the car to the dealer tomorrow for repair, and I will post the source and the resolution of the problem.

e65rt
09-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Turns out it was a complete failure of the OBC. The dealer replaced and reprogrammed it under the warranty. I was told that this is a common problem with the E65/E66 2002+ vechicles.