PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Offset Question

ericcamaro
08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I am just curiouse why these bbs wheels on tirerack have an offset of 10mm I did the search through the 1993 bmw 525i and these came up as some of the wheels for the car. http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=22&sizeIndex=2&showRear=no&setIndex=4&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=
I have a set of these on the way and im just hoping that there arent going to be any problems. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Qsilver7
08-06-2005, 04:02 PM
the link you left has expired...and since there's no other info to direct us to what BBS wheel you were referring too...we can't really comment. :(

Try giving us info we can look up in case the link will always expire...or leave a link that's not tied to a specific "session" you've had on their website....perhaps a generic search will have a "non-timed" link. :)

uscharalph
08-06-2005, 05:02 PM
the link you left has expired...and since there's no other info to direct us to what BBS wheel you were referring too...we can't really comment. :(

Try giving us info we can look up in case the link will always expire...or leave a link that's not tied to a specific "session" you've had on their website....perhaps a generic search will have a "non-timed" link. :)
Bummer, I enjoy wheel choices. Probably since I still have stock 15" bottlecaps.

pmlmotorsports
08-06-2005, 11:37 PM
I am just curiouse why these bbs wheels on tirerack have an offset of 10mm I did the search through the 1993 bmw 525i and these came up as some of the wheels for the car. http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=22&sizeIndex=2&showRear=no&setIndex=4&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=
I have a set of these on the way and im just hoping that there arent going to be any problems. any help would be greatly appreciated.
BBS made a 10 offset for whatever reason......not really sure myself.....maybe to clear a set of brakes on a particular fitment? Regardless, you won't have any issues other than being limited to a 235/45-17 tire.......which is really not bad since it is what is offered by BMW in their M5 E34 offering. Enjoy the wider track.

HTH

ericcamaro
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
thanks a ton hate to have dropped the money on these and then have em not fit. I will have to put a 235 on the front but the wider track in the back should let me fit bigger on right>>?? maybe a 255-40-17??? or would it be a better Idea to have all 4 235s??

TheDuke
08-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey, pml any wheel sales going on?