PDA

View Full Version : Question about fuses

Jason
07-27-2005, 09:15 AM
My #9 fuse (AC, Horn, Aux H20 pump) has been blowing. Initially I traced it down to a short by the aux fan switch and have taken care of that problem. And it worked. temporarily. I haven't been able to trace anything else down and im not sure where to look, but i changed the 15A fuse to a 30 and (knock on weeod) its been ok. Is this a dumb move?

billb
07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
My #9 fuse (AC, Horn, Aux H20 pump) has been blowing. Initially I traced it down to a short by the aux fan switch and have taken care of that problem. And it worked. temporarily. I haven't been able to trace anything else down and im not sure where to look, but i changed the 15A fuse to a 30 and (knock on weeod) its been ok. Is this a dumb move?

I'd guess the following:
A/C clutch coil going south
aux water pump shot
aux fan resistor

Jason
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Can you help w/ location of tha aux water pump? I'm assuming its not the water pump at the front of the motor. Any idea what that or the clutch would cost?

Thanks again.

uscharalph
07-27-2005, 09:45 AM
The auxillary water pump (At least on my car) is right under the heater valve. The heater valve is on the drivers side near the firewall.

Bill R.
07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
fuse 9 on the 90 535, 9 primarily sends power to the compressor control relay straight to the compressor clutch, and it sends power to the auxillary water pump relay through the relay and to the pump. And the horn ciruit as well...
I would suspect the compressor clutch also. You can disconnect the relay for the auxillary water pump and determine if thats the problem, if after removing the relay it no longer blows then its probably the auxillary pump, but i would bet on the compressor clutch myself. The auxillary water pump relay is k50 in the front relay box.

Can you help w/ location of tha aux water pump? I'm assuming its not the water pump at the front of the motor. Any idea what that or the clutch would cost?

Thanks again.

Jason
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
only ask cause its about 100 degrees today and im sure to hit some traffic on the way home and there is nothing quite as unpleasant as sitting in a black on black car in slow moving traffic...

Jason
07-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I guess thats a good place to start. Thanks

Bill R.
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
pumps water through the heater core... now you don't want to unplug the aux fan relay though.

only ask cause its about 100 degrees today and im sure to hit some traffic on the way home and there is nothing quite as unpleasant as sitting in a black on black car in slow moving traffic...