PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge does not work after I tried to reset Service lights

nlingala
07-25-2005, 04:34 PM
I tried to reset the service lights according to the instructions on
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html and i think i broke something. I saw some sparks when i tried to ground the pin 7.

The fuel gauge and temperature gauge does not work anymore. However when i reverse my car the fuel gauge works.

The service lights are also not reseted.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! It is BMW 318i year 98 manual transmission. This is a great car.

liquid_o2
07-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow that is really strange, as I have just encountered the same problem. I have a 98 318Ti and just had the service lights reset when out of the blue my fuel and temp gauges stopped working. I have looked into it and it seems to be something to do with the manual transmission. It keeps blowing a fuse but the gauges will work with out it. They go on and off depending on whether I'm in neutral or gear. Let me know if you find any more info on this. I'm going to pull the console out and look for shorts, but if that doesn’t work I'm not sure what direction to proceed.QUOTE=nlingala]I tried to reset the service lights according to the instructions on
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html and i think i broke something. I saw some sparks when i tried to ground the pin 7.

The fuel gauge and temperature gauge does not work anymore. However when i reverse my car the fuel gauge works.

The service lights are also not reseted.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! It is BMW 318i year 98 manual transmission. This is a great car.[/QUOTE]

nlingala
07-28-2005, 05:06 PM
I did it.. YAY!!

I opened the fuse box and looked closely what all those were meant for, and luckily i found one fuse which looked broken. I replaced it with a spare one from the top cover and guess what.... Everything started working as usual.

I love this car...

This is a great Website.