PDA

View Full Version : Does 1993 525iT have a sword or the newer box-shape resistor?

nyc525iTe34
07-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I am in process of replacing a faulty resistor (for the fan blower) and was hoping that someone could tell me whether the replacement part is the actual "sword" shaped resistor found on older models or the newer box shaped resistor.

The Bentley manual says that my 1993 525iT uses the newer box-shaped resistor but the guys at BMA told me it's the sword-shaped resistor. There is a huge disparity in price (sword = $140, box = $13) so i'd like to make sure I pick the correct one.

I guess I can just open the car up and see (it's located directly above the gas pedal) but would love to order the part now. If anyone knows off hand (and is absolutely sure about it) it would save me a trip out in the rain...

Thanks!

ScottyWM
07-25-2005, 09:11 AM
It's the cheaper box type. At least mine is (build date 12/1992). Bought mine at BMA for about $13 too.

PhilipJCaputo
07-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I was having problems with my resistor pack, but I took some sand paper and cleaned up a little connection.

(see previous post)

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showpost.php?p=70450&postcount=6

I am in process of replacing a faulty resistor (for the fan blower) and was hoping that someone could tell me whether the replacement part is the actual "sword" shaped resistor found on older models or the newer box shaped resistor.

The Bentley manual says that my 1993 525iT uses the newer box-shaped resistor but the guys at BMA told me it's the sword-shaped resistor. There is a huge disparity in price (sword = $140, box = $13) so i'd like to make sure I pick the correct one.

I guess I can just open the car up and see (it's located directly above the gas pedal) but would love to order the part now. If anyone knows off hand (and is absolutely sure about it) it would save me a trip out in the rain...

Thanks!

nyc525iTe34
07-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys.

ScottyWM
07-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I fixed mine the first time I took it out. The "fix" lasted about 6 months. For $13, just replace it...