PDA

View Full Version : Heater Woes???

western99
02-24-2004, 05:52 PM
So I have a 95 525ia with 185000kms on it. It runs great. But yesterday as I was driving home I noticed that the heat on my side was nice and toasty and the heat on the passenger side was somewhat cold. No where near what my side was. Both the heater knobs were at hot (24). So my question is, what is causing this? Is it the heater control valve. Over the weekend, it was my side that was cold and the passenger side was hot. Is the HCV sticking perhaps? This is driving me crazy. Any input would be appreciated.

Brian

GJPinAU
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I read your post as I had a strange problem with mine, when I hit a bump on the left side of the car I got warm air through the drivers side vents - turned the control on then back to off position and all was well.

As today is the first cooler day we have had since December I didn't have the airco running. These problems must turn up at every change in season.

Anyway, checked out the archives typed in "heater control" and there are many responses to our problems.

ryan roopnarine
02-24-2004, 09:47 PM
the heat only working on one side.....sounds like one heat valve is working and the other is not.....a test if you can replicate youyr problem is to hit the top of the hcv with your hand and see if things get better..... here are some repair instructions
http://www.thee32register.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=2572