PDA

View Full Version : Did I Get Boned Or What ??

Guido
07-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I was looking for a spoiler and found one on Ebay, the description was alright and there were some pictures. People asked questions, as did I and all were answered. I won the high bid and when it arrived most of the lower mounting tabs were broken in some way and a hairline crack turned into a gaping would. Check out all the pics I took, the original description and a pic and also the reply I got from him.

Here`s a little page I whipped up this afternoon,

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/Max_Damage_Ed.html

What do you guys think about this? I am looking for feedback to see if I am halucinating here so please check it out and shoot me an email etc.

Thanks in advance, Brian

mikell
07-10-2005, 01:19 PM
No hallucination from what I can see - if that's a hairline, the guy must be a gorilla. This seller needs to be pantsed in public ebay can do without him.

Guido
07-13-2005, 08:13 AM
The crack was only the small, almost non noteworthy part of the damage though. What got me good was all the plastic mounting tabs built into the plastic on the backside of the thing being broken, rendering the thing unmountable, useless and worthless. Ed said he would give me a refund, but not a total refund, he wanted to deduct my original shipping charges paid, plus the excess shipping cost of $25 that he was off when he quoted the shipping as well as he demanded that I also pay all his Ebay listing and final value fee`s. What a total crook ! Ebay will credit his fee`s back to him when an item is returned for a refund and he`s just trying to make me not want the refund because it`s $65 short.

Anyone else take a look at this thing ?? What do you all think about this part as well as this seller ??

JonE
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I think it's just too bad you didn't have pics of the broken mounting tabs, or requested more detailed pics. The damage to the tabs could've happened while he was removing the darn thing. Can they be shored up somehow and salvage the piece?

Guido
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I don`t understand the first part of tour sentence, I do have pics of the broken mounting tabs, I just couldn`t get them until took them myself after it arrived. They are on the wev page I created for public viewing.
I do agree though, it would have been a lot better if pictures like the ones I took, were actually in the aivtion listing, then it wouldn`t be a fraudulent description.

Yes, it might be saved with a bit of rebuilding, I just don`t want to rebuild it for that price and according to his descrition it didn`t even have these issues, his description is an outright lie. It`s also too bad this puke wasn`t an upstanding Ebay sller or none of this would have ever happened because I would never have bid if the description was accurate at all.

SharkmanBMW
07-22-2005, 08:31 PM
why did you leave him positive feedback?!

Guido
07-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I had it shipped to my sisters house where I was going to do some work on my car. I went over when it arrived and opened one end of the box and looked in. I was in a hurry to do other things at the time eo I went about my day and left the positive feedback when I got home. It wasn`t until two days later on the weekend that I actually got it out of the box completely to see the extra damage.

kngpen
09-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Lol, dont buy used stuff over the internet. A guy off of these boards sold me a catback exhaust. I finally recieved the item a month later and it was rusted and full of holes.