PDA

View Full Version : CD Stacker suit 1990 318i

paul_nz
07-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I have a 1990 318i with the BMW cassette player with cd shuttle control facilities. The BMW unit is actually a Sony XR7300 unit, can anyone help me with what CD stacker can be used

winfred
07-05-2005, 07:40 PM
sonys one i've never had to deal with, all of the usa cars of that time period were pioneer or alpine, i think most of the german cars were blauplunk and the japanese cars were sony. theres a couple people on the board that may be of more help but it may take a little while

paul_nz
07-05-2005, 09:14 PM
sonys one i've never had to deal with, all of the usa cars of that time period were pioneer or alpine, i think most of the german cars were blauplunk and the japanese cars were sony. theres a couple people on the board that may be of more help but it may take a little while

When I removed the unit which has a fold up handle allowing the player to be pulled out from its cradle (I believe that the installation is original as the unit has BMW on the front of the player) it is shown as a Sony model XR7300. The connector to the CD stacker looks to be a 14 pin round connection.

Many thanks for your reply and the help is most appreciated