PDA

View Full Version : Cd Changer problems

digitaldragon03
07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
My stock cd changer hasnt been working for a while, i got a "disc error" message and now it wont even eject the discs. I took the changer out of the car and removed the shell to see if i can find a way to at least eject the magazine out to get my discs back, but have had no luck. Anybody got any tips or pictures showing me how to get my discs back? Thanks.

dacoyote
07-03-2005, 04:09 PM
It looks like there is a manual eject hole right below the magic eject button on the cd player....

digitaldragon03
07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Nope, there is only a screw right below the button. The changer is alpine by the way.

uscharalph
07-03-2005, 06:50 PM
No reset button Huh?

Dan in NZ
07-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Have you checked the fuse for the changer? Mine has a little fuse on the back...

Jean@MtMiguel
07-04-2005, 11:26 AM
My stock cd changer hasnt been working for a while, i got a "disc error" message and now it wont even eject the discs. I took the changer out of the car and removed the shell to see if i can find a way to at least eject the magazine out to get my discs back, but have had no luck. Anybody got any tips or pictures showing me how to get my discs back? Thanks.
I've got the same problem with mine, I took it apart, take the shell covering on all sides, very gently turn the cog wheels, to raise the disc into the cd holder, once the cd is out of the player section you can remove the cd holder, T-H-EN, spray the cog wheels with electrical/electronic contact spray, just make sure you try not to spray into the reading eye of the changer. This spray procedure will lubricate the wheels and any moving parts within. Disc error might happen a few more times, but what I did I took it apart, helped the cog wheelss to get my CD's out, once the changers cog wheels are lubricated it'll be good for sometime. NEVER had problem for a year now. My reasoning for this is-- it's already broken-if I totally broke it, well I'll get another one --BUT-- I got the Changer fixed and have no problem since then, I'm happy. Good Luck, if you try my procedure. Jean

digitaldragon03
07-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok, i figured out how to take my discs out. I plugged the unit back in, and its working fine now except for two things. The changer doesnt read discs 1 and 2 and the other 4 disc slots are only read if i put in a Tool or Led Zeppelin album. No joke, it doesnt want to read any of my other cds. Does my changer only respond to good music or what?

Jean@MtMiguel
07-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Ok, i figured out how to take my discs out. I plugged the unit back in, and its working fine now except for two things. The changer doesnt read discs 1 and 2 and the other 4 disc slots are only read if i put in a Tool or Led Zeppelin album. No joke, it doesnt want to read any of my other cds. Does my changer only respond to good music or what?
Mine's picky too, wouldn't read any burned copies, definitely not CDR/W, but kinda like Iron Butterfly's In-a-gadda ( only original disc )kinda love those drums.

Paul in NZ
07-10-2005, 03:49 AM
my sony changer is picky too!,gonna try the disassembly lube thing and maybe clean the pick up

PatrickPGH
07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, interesting. In order to fully test out my hypothesis see if it will play A Perfect Circle or Coverdale-Page.

CheapCheap1
07-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, you must 've already turned the gears in the back of the cd-changer (which it adjusts the vertical movement of the disc feeder).

The only way to fix it is try to turn the gears back to the original position where it was. (Yep, it's a PITA...ask me how I know. It's do-able, but you'll need to trial & error, and keep tracking the level of the feeder).

Well, to get the stucked cd-magazine out...
Just open the cover (unscrewed 6-7 of them & lift the cover up). Then, from the back of the changer (from the bottom), there will be a little vertical piece of the metal tab. Just use a little screw driver pushing the metal tab. W/ the spring loaded mechanism, the cd-magazine will pop out easily from the front. (Once it a while, my changer got stucked too...)

Good luck...

uscharalph
07-11-2005, 03:24 PM
My Kenwood changer thru an FM modulator was real picky about reading discs too. I'm in the process of installing the Pioneer CDX-M30 straight into the headunit (KE-83).

digitaldragon03
07-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Well, you must 've already turned the gears in the back of the cd-changer (which it adjusts the vertical movement of the disc feeder).

The only way to fix it is try to turn the gears back to the original position where it was. (Yep, it's a PITA...ask me how I know. It's do-able, but you'll need to trial & error, and keep tracking the level of the feeder).

Well, to get the stucked cd-magazine out...
Just open the cover (unscrewed 6-7 of them & lift the cover up). Then, from the back of the changer (from the bottom), there will be a little vertical piece of the metal tab. Just use a little screw driver pushing the metal tab. W/ the spring loaded mechanism, the cd-magazine will pop out easily from the front. (Once it a while, my changer got stucked too...)

Good luck...
Thanks for the advice, but i has already gotten my discs out when i posted that. All i did was push the disc back into the magazine, then i unscrewed the front panel where the eject button is, then i just pulled at the magazine. It came out fairly easy. Now my changer plays only discs 3-6, but only certain discs. APC didnt work patrick, lol.