PDA

View Full Version : July Minneapolis BMW Gathering.

Triton540i
07-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Welcome to July!
I'm just sending this out to you to remind you about our next monthly gathering this coming Tuesday (July 5th) at 7:00pm. We will be meeting at the Calhoun Professional Building's parking lot located on the Northwestern corner of Lake Calhoun, then either go out for coffee at the Caribou across the street or take off for a short group drive to another location for refreshments.

In the works for this month is going to a Tech Session on Suspension components. Ben along with myself are planning on replacing several suspension components on our E34s (5 Series spanning from 1988-1995). I have purchased most of the items needed to replace the shocks, struts and control arms on my car. Ben is in the process of making the decision which components he would like to use on his application. Neither of us have exact dates as to when we're going to do the Tech Session(s), but will keep you informed.

As you know, our website hasn't changed since the beginning of this year. I've experienced some troubles with my new computer and it's in the shop for repairs. I've been told the "motherboard" had a manufacturer's defect, thus causing my computer to have some major problems. I'm supposed to be getting it back next week, unfortunately I'm not sure as to what's going on with my data on my hard drive as I didn't back up anything from my hard drive and I'm not sure if they reformatted it (this deletes everything off the hard drive). I requested that Apple back everything off my hard drive on their system before sending it out... who know what will happen when I get the computer back?

I'm still planning on having some group events this summer, hopefully sometime soon! Chris mentioned there will be a 5er fest out in Chicago this coming August, I'll let you know when I find out any further information as soon as I get it so please keep checking the forum.

I know this next gathering will be just at the end of the 4th of July weekend and some of you will be out of town and just returning that day/evening. I hope all of you have a great 4th of July and wish you safe traveling for you and your families this weekend! I'm going to add the addresses to the gathering and Caribou coffee shop for Tuesday's meeting. Please contact me via E-mail if you have any further questions about the event. If you know anybody who might be interested in meeting the group, please spread the word. This has been an unusual year with school, scheduling and finances... I hope to make things more interesting for the group starting this July, PLEASE show your support by checking in at our forum and by coming to an event! Happy Independence Day everyone, see you Tuesday!

Here's the information for this Tuesday's Gathering:

Calhoun Professional Building
3033 Excelsior Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55416

Caribou Coffee
3044 Excelsior Boulevard #103
Minneapolis, MN
612-285-9650

Eric Kozar
Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group Founder (Est. 2001)
TechnoBMW.com