PDA

View Full Version : Battery changed windows not working

Arxon
05-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi to everybody, I had a problem with my battery so I had to use external help(another car in parallel conection) to start my engine. After that I realised that the rear windows didn't work at all. After 150Km travelling and switching of my car, next day everything was OK. So I put a new battery on, and now none of my windows is working. I checked Fuse (No 17), I try to find Fusible Link as Bruno (e34.net) suggests but nothing( I own a 520i M50 91'), I checked all the relays for bad connection still nothing...Any suggestion please?

Arxon
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok, I just disconected the battery and reconnect it and everything is perfect. I think Bmw should put a "reset" button like the one on PCs!
I found out that under the cases for windows manual opening on door panel, there is only plastic and no place for the hexagon screw driver...Does anybody know how could I open my electric windows in case of the engine stops working and I am in emergency?

632 Regal
05-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Hammer?

Does anybody know how could I open my electric windows in case of the engine stops working and I am in emergency?

Resetting the codes with the battery is so common its stupid. You have a good idea about a reset button!