PDA

View Full Version : Picking up used SA95 Simpson full face tomorrow for driver's school...

billb
04-29-2005, 02:58 PM
...for $20!!! I asked around my local CCA chapter to see if anyone had one I could borrow for July school. Someone (a former instructor) had one, a full-face Simpson, wasn't sure if it was 95 or 2000. If 2000, the price was going to be $100. Since it was 95, and runs out in 2006, the price dropped to $20. Should fit...it's a large, and that's what my head should fit into.

Cool. Will post a pic of me all suited up when I get it.

Jr ///M5
04-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Good deal Bill, what are you going to use for shoes? Sure sounds like you'll have a good time! We await anxiously for photos.

By the way, thanks for the cool poster!

Good luck!

Jr

billb
04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Good deal Bill, what are you going to use for shoes? Sure sounds like you'll have a good time! We await anxiously for photos.

By the way, thanks for the cool poster!

Good luck!

Jr

Gave him $30 for it, because $20 just seemed too little. He was SUPER nice. Yellow Z06 in the garage, XJ8 in the drive...been there, done that in instructing, just got a little burned out doing it. Gave me great advice for the school, but "have fun" kept coming up. Water and gatorade, and MAKE sure you flush that brake fluid!!

The shoes are hand-me-downs from a friend who did SCCA open-wheel work. They fit "like a glove". I think I'm set now...just got to get down to Bret's and get two more basketweaves to replace my curbed ones, then get the car teched after installing the new front rotors and pads, and we're set to go have fun!