PDA

View Full Version : Once again e34 alarm connector, need help

alikom
04-05-2005, 01:45 AM
I reseantly got 1992 525iX touring e34. I want to install a keyless. I am new to BMWs and do not know much of it. Many people in the various forums says, that
1992 e34 must have previred factory alarm connector. Some people says it is
under the rear seat on passangers side near battery, some sais it is near GM
and relay module. I searched under the dash (with removed glovebox) and under
rear seat. No results. BTW under rear seat just next to GM and Reley module
there are two connectors, one is 12 pin , with four emty pin holes, another
is eght pin connector. Under the dash there is one free connector, but it is
8 pin one. Could someone help me with how to find that damn connector?
(some pics of it or some clue). During one week somebody twice opened my
hood and I definetley want to install the alarm.

Javier
04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
plugged into a 12 pin black connector X13025 below RH side of rear seat.

Pin assignments are:

1 Red/Gray: F47 fuse hot at all times
2 Violet/White: F18 fuse Hot in accy, run and start
3 Brown/Orange: Ground (Ground post X490)
4 Brown/Gray/Yellow: Driver's door (0V open)
5 Brown/Blue/Yellow: Passenger's door (0V open)
6 Brown/Violet/Yellow: Rear doors (0V open)
7 Black/Blue: Anti-theft horn
9 White/Red/Yellow: General Module pin 7
10 Blue/Red/Yellow: General Module pin 16
11 Red/White: Trunk lid switch (12V open)

As you may see, location is not exactly what you said, but wire colors should help you identify the plug, as door signals are wired as stated. Also you can test with a meter pin voltage behavior according to signal identification.

Anti-theft horn is the same one used by OBC, connected at X372, 2 pins gray connector at rear RH side of engine compartment.

Not sure what GM signals are for, but guess they are keyless related (actuator over GM Central locking).

Javier

alikom
04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Thats good, I mean for wire colors, but first mine is not USA model, sorry for confusion. Mine is European(Swiss) model. Is the colors same for US and European models? And if the 12 pin connector I have under rear seat is alarm connector, it has four holes empty. You described only 11 pins, so 12th is not used. What is the chance that all door triggers have just one pin in that connector? Than I could understand why in mine there is only 8 pis used.

AZ91525ia
04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I have 91 525ia. The black 12-pin connector is also under the rear seat. It looks exactly like the diagram from the following link. I installed an after market keyless system and it works. So, use the diagram to check your pins. Or go to Bruno's to find more information.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Upgrade/Data/Wiring234.gif

Elekta
04-05-2005, 03:49 PM
When you find yours, please snap a pic of it. I have looked for that bastige for years now in my euro touring and never found it. All I really car about is the keyless entry. IMO a car alarm has never stopped anyone from getting into or stealing your car.

thanks,
geoff

Javier
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
my 1992 German version has a factory installed infrared alarm. Similar to the one described in this link:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10701

I listed 10 pins (8, and 12 not used), yes remember you told 4 were missing. In your place, I would check the 12 pin connector, compare wire colors and wiring sequence as listed, even test with a 12 Vdc/ground probe or tester the correspondence to different doors actuators and signals, and find, if same connector, which are the two missing wires.

Javier

alikom
04-06-2005, 09:29 AM
I know this site and the picture which is there. I even wrote to Bruno himself but what he ansvered is, that he knows not to much about European models. Well, at least this is what he answered me. But anyway, thanks for responces, I will try to find out what connector I do have in the car and why there are four pins empty.

imnprsd
08-30-2005, 04:32 AM
I recently bought my first BMW, and I would like to add an alarm and keyless entry system. Can you confirm a few things for me:

1) My car is pre-wired for an alarm. The wires are located in the rear storage area in the trunk, and there is a BMW sticker that says something like: "Pre-wired For Alarm."

Do you know buy an alarm module (Black Box) it will plug'n play?

Will it come with the keyless remote option or is this a separate function and not part of the BMW alarm system?

uscharalph
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
I believe this is what you're looking for:

A1BMW535iSport
08-31-2005, 05:13 AM
the system 2/3 alarm control boxes are fitted by dealers under the rear seat, the alarms loom plugs into the connectors there.