PDA

View Full Version : E46 320d service check + aitbag

sphilips
03-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Is it possible to reset the service check on the 1999 320d model??

Also th airbag light is coming up? Any ideas

shogun
03-15-2005, 03:29 AM
The airbag light is probably only manageable by a special tool from the dealer.
The reset service light can be probably done, but I would also recommend to buy a PEAKE tool for this, and it reads also fault codes, resets oil and service interval and deletes faults.
see
http://www.peakeresearch.com
As far as I remember it works as flwg on the E46:
Push the trip mileage counter (left side) in the dash and keep it pushed and switch ignition to position one (still keep the button pushed).
After a short while you will see in the dash "test" and then "reset", keep the button pushed down till you see "reset" blinking.
Then release the button just for a short time, and then push it again short.

Then it should be done.

shogun
03-15-2005, 04:33 AM
I want to add something for the airbag light. It might be just a computer glitch.
But it could also be a broken seat sensor or other things.
So take that serious and let the dealer check it.
It is not so nice to have an airbag opening at 50 miles driving.

sphilips
03-15-2005, 02:03 PM
I tried reseting with the trip button. But this doesn't work. I can put some numbers in it but thats it. my model is an 1998 model. Probably it do work with newer ones

shogun
03-16-2005, 08:14 AM
check once more in other boards. This one should work for '00 models and later
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html
Others:
How to reset the 'counter' after the oil change?

i got this from some post a while ago... and it worked for me

1.key in the off position.
2.press and hold the odometer reset button (left on gauges)
3.put the key in accessories position (first click)
4.hold the button for 5 secs you'll see the word 'test' above the dodmeter
5. Release the button and press and hold it again for 5 secs
6. the word 'reset' will start blinking
7. release the button and press again once without holding it.
--------------------------
Hi all,

I have yr. 2000 323 convertible, and I am going to change the engine oil by myself. Wondering how to reset the "service counter"? Any URL of the instruction?

Someone send me the instruction on how to change the engine oil of 325.

http://www.bmw325i.net/maint_oil_extractor.shtml

-------------------------
Oil Service Indicator Reset

I have tried to reset my oil indicator light on my 2000 328i using the dashboard and ignition sequence described in the archives. Instead of resetting, I get only a "test" sequence. The dealer tells me that the indicator can be reset only with the "computer." I suspect that my year did not yet implement the dashboard reset feature. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Reset Oil Service Indicator
You can reset the Service Interval Indicator (SII) with the trip odometer reset button on 2001 3 series. Press and hold th trip odometer button AND turn the ignition key to the "1" (accessory) position. Keep the button pressed for approx. 5 more seconds until any of the following words appear in the display: "Oil Service" or "Inspection", in with "Reset" or "Re".

Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 seconds until the words "Reset" or "Re" flash.
While the display is flashing, press the button briefly to reset the Service Interval. After the display has shown the new interval, the following will appear in the display for approx. 2 seconds: "END SIA". The system can only be reset again after the vehicle has been driven approx. 50-75 miles.

Link:
http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html

-------------------------
How mechanical are you? you can make a grounding tool and groud pin 7 in the computer under your hood for ~7 seconds with you ignition in the #2 position. that will reset oil service, hold it for ~11 seconds and it will reset your inspection service due indicators.
---------------------------------
That is what I found on roadfly E46 board. Use it at your OWN risk.
I think it is better to invest in a reset tool.
I also have a PEAKE for that and for fault fidning.

sphilips
04-11-2005, 04:20 AM
grounding the number 7 works