PDA

View Full Version : the car is pulling a little right

paschalisg
03-12-2005, 12:16 PM
525 90 is pulling little right. BALANCING OK! ALIGNEMENT OK! NEW TIRES! WHEELS ARE BK171 ALPINA STYLE. DO U THING THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE BK'S OR THE BEARINGS? ANY IDEAS?

Kalevera
03-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Easy way to test the bearings (as told to me by Brett Anderson a few days back):

- Raise the wheel in question so you can get a hand on the spring. Remove the wheel and replace the lug nuts to secure the rotor if you can't fit your hand in between the gap.

- Rotate the wheel (or rotor, if you've removed the wheel). The caliper and rotor will have more resistance at times (normal), but you'll be able to feel the bearing/wheel movement in the spring if it's bad.

I've got a bit of sloppiness in my steering, which is what elicited that conversation. I still haven't ruled out the tires, but the entirety of my suspension is new, everything's been aligned and balanced.

One thing I did that helped A LOT: I discovered that one of my rear tires had a lot more air pressure in it than the rest. Let some of the air out and a lot of the pull that I was getting disappeared.

Best, whit

jplacson
03-13-2005, 05:10 AM
check that your brake calipers aren't sticking

Tiger
03-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Check your tire pressure... most shop don't set them right.