PDA

View Full Version : BMW car club of the Philippines

shogun
03-12-2005, 09:35 AM
@Whit:
I just have seen a link on jlacson post from the 5 series board a link to this Club.
As you live in the Phil's, that might be interesting to join there, and exchange of information about parts, help, good repair shops etc.
There might be even more members here from the Phils
click here (http://www.bmwcarclub.org.ph/)

Edit: looked thru the pic gallery. There are also E32's and one 750 too. So they might be able to help you with used parts sources.

If there is any member from Japan here,

here is the link to the E32 Club of Japan. (http://www.e32station.com/e32forum/info-right.html)
Hope to see you the next meeting this month in Tokyo.

Whit
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks, Shogun! It's funny, I just found that site about a week ago, myself. I tried to join, but it is not accepting my password. I will try again today. I found some good info about places to get parts (or work done) by browsing the non-member pages. I have not checked anything out yet, but I will. I appreciate the info!

jplacson
04-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Hey Whit! Sorry, I never check this part of the board! Our "Members" forum is strictly for club members only (our president is very firm on that) cuz we had a lot of problems with non-members and false info...etc..etc.. in the past.

You may want to join us on our next event... we're having a scheduled "Tech Talk" in Speedzone at the Fort on April 9. We're starting of with car basics and maintenance this session... succeeding sessions will be tuning, mods, etc. Speakers will be from different companies.

You can download and print out our membership form, and bring it to the talk if you're interested in joining. It's only P2,000 (about US$35) to join, and P1,500 for renewals.

We had a member with a 750iL as well a few months ago, dunno if he still has it though.

On the 17th, we're being invited to Ayala Greenfields for a fun-run, so that may be more of your thing.

And in May (either the 7th or 14th...depending on the weather and venue availability) we're having our "Bimmerfest" car show. Last year, we had it in Eastwood. You can view some photos on our site Gallery. :)

Hope to see you at any of our future events! :)

**Oh, and the reason you only found the site now is because it's only been up a week (March 21 to be exact)! :P I was recently tasked to build our PROPER site.**

jplacson
04-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Shogun, I'm presuming that you're our Japanese visitor that I've been tracking on our site the past couple of days (since it's been a real site, not just a board) Was wondering who in Japan could've heard about us! :P

pong
04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
question: m from the philippines and i would like to ask what benefits i would get if i join the club?

jplacson
04-02-2005, 02:41 PM
well, it's best if you register on our site forum and ask the rest of the guys there (non members get access to the GENERAL and CLASSIFIEDS sections)

It all depends what you expect. The club is generally event driven... fun-runs, karting days, track days, driving school, car shows, tech-talks, and EBs.

You may attend all, some, or none (if all you want is to be part of the club... we have a few members like that) so... it's really up to you.

I initially joined just to take the BMW driving school... that taught me a lot about my car and why a BMW is a BMW. After that class, I really wouldn't want to drive anything else.

Benefits... well, I wouldn't call our club shirt a benefit..hahaha... When I joined we had this really horrid shirt... I'm in the process of designing a new one for us... something the members wouldn't mind wearing outside club activites.

You get some additional benefits from our sponsors... our current line-up is Petron (if you're a Petron Fleet card holder, fuel for CLUB ACTIVITIES is sponsored), Castrol (we get some discounts with their lubricants, small token prizes, etc) and Puma (discounts at their outlets)

You also get the ins-and-outs of maintaining your Bimmer in the Philippines... we have a couple of members who own their own shops...so we get discounts on parts and services. Little unknown shops that are model specific (some shops are better with E30s than E34s... some are good with E32s... etc...etc...)

You can download our membership form... fill it out... and bring it to our next event. If you like what you see, give the form along with your membership fee (P2,000) and that's it! :)

angrypancake
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey Whit! Sorry, I never check this part of the board! Our "Members" forum is strictly for club members only (our president is very firm on that) cuz we had a lot of problems with non-members and false info...etc..etc.. in the past.

You may want to join us on our next event... we're having a scheduled "Tech Talk" in Speedzone at the Fort on April 9. We're starting of with car basics and maintenance this session... succeeding sessions will be tuning, mods, etc. Speakers will be from different companies.

You can download and print out our membership form, and bring it to the talk if you're interested in joining. It's only P2,000 (about US$35) to join, and P1,500 for renewals.

We had a member with a 750iL as well a few months ago, dunno if he still has it though.

On the 17th, we're being invited to Ayala Greenfields for a fun-run, so that may be more of your thing.

And in May (either the 7th or 14th...depending on the weather and venue availability) we're having our "Bimmerfest" car show. Last year, we had it in Eastwood. You can view some photos on our site Gallery. :)

Hope to see you at any of our future events! :)

**Oh, and the reason you only found the site now is because it's only been up a week (March 21 to be exact)! :P I was recently tasked to build our PROPER site.**

does it take anything extra to make the oem 7 series wheels fit? hubcentric rings, etc?

shogun
06-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I just came back from Zamboanga City yesterday. Have not seen a single BMW there.
Is there any dealer/service in Zamboanga?